Star Battle TeamSpeak 3 server
Star Battle Community has three TeamSpeak 3 servers at its disposal, one primary and two backup. IP-s/addresses are:
- ts1.learnstarbattle.com - primary TS3 server hosted by Iaijutsu;
- ts2.learnstarbattle.com - secondary (backup) TS3 server hosted by Zer0 (if not online will redirect to primary);
- new.jabbertor.de or ts3.learnstarbattle.com - tertiary (backup) TS3 server hosted by avogatro. This used to be primary server and TOPS clan server before that.
Password for all servers is solofarmer. Please note that forum rules and guidelines apply to TS3 servers.
- Installation: TeamSpeak 3 is free to download at http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads (pick Windows 32-bit version if you are unsure). Don't be confused by advertisements and requests for donations on the TeamSpeak website as these donations are totally optional. Some people pay money in order to set up their own TeamSpeak servers through the use of these payments as well. Avogatro, Iaijutsu and Zer0 have generously volunteered their time and money in order to maintain a TeamSpeak 3 servers for our Community.
- Connection: Server address is ts1.learnstarbattle.com. The password is solofarmer To connect, open TeamSpeak 3 and click on the first menu called "Connections." Then click the "Connect" option. Then put in the server info above, plus your nickname (use your StarCraft II gamertag to help your teammates recognize you). Mark "Connect on startup" so you will be automatically connected each time you start the program.
- Moving around: Once logged in, you will see a variety of channels including general-purpose rooms (Room 0~7) at the top. After this, channels are organised by server and by clan: EU clans, SEA clans, and then NA clans. To join a channel, double click it OR right click it, and click join channel.
- Don't be shy: Never be shy about entering different channels to say hi to your teammates, or channels with over 12 people in them. Mostly everyone on the server is welcoming with a few exceptions; you need to be aware when an in-house game is happening in the channel as to not interrupt the game and if people are having private conversations (ie. strat talks, clan meetings, etc). Feel free to introduce yourself otherwise and make new friends within our community. Just make sure you are both polite and respectful =).
- Hearing and speaking: Microphone and headphones, or headset: Generally, the minimum requirement is being able to hear your teammates during the game. Headphones or earphones are important for listening because your microphone can pick up echoes or feedback from speakers. Microphones are not strictly necessary, but do help. Some players play without a microphone and do just fine, but the ability to fully communicate with your teammate is valued. In the event that you don't own headphones but stand-alone microphone and speakers, you should turn on "push-to-talk" mode or mute your microphone to prevent distracting sounds. To turn on push-to-talk, click "Settings" -> "Options" -> "Capture", and select "Push-To-Talk."
Country flags: You might want to enable country flags on your client. Go to "Settings" -> "Options" -> "Design" -> "Display country flag on clients".
- Servers take extensive use of TeamSpeak server groups feature as a socialization tool. Assigned server groups serve as indication of player's clan affiliation, skills, hobbies and positions one holds in the community. Server groups are assigned by members of one of following groups: Server Host (TS3 icon), Super Admin (red shield), Server Admin (blue shield), Star Battle Clan Leader (golden insignia) and Server Operator (green shield). Feel free to ask them for an icon of your choice. Country flag view can be activated in TeamSpeak client options.
 Chinese Community - YY server
Chinese players use YY for voice communication instead of TeamSpeak 3. YY channel is 95370310. There is no password, although you need YY account, obviously. There is also a QQ chat group: 129109450. More information on Chinese Star Battle Community forum: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1693333459. You can download YY voice chat tool from http://www.yy.com/.
Prior to establishment of current server players were using either Skype voice chat or text chat. Fubumaki's Fear clan was first to use TeamSpeak server. Avogatro launched his own TeamSpeak 3 server for his clan TOPS as a side project on his virtual server. Soon TOPS members started inviting FF players to their own server because it was easier to communicate on single platform and server. Other clans and teams were invited over next couple of months and TOPS TeamSpeak 3 server became Star Battle TeamSpeak 3 server. Currently Avogatro's server serves as tertiary and backup server for Iaijutsu's and Zer0's servers.
- Minecraft server runs on the same virtual server as new.jabbertor.de TeamSpeak. Minecraft is shut down when tournaments are being held to decrease latency.
- zedu visited server during Grand Masters of Star Battle event.
- Server Host banner usually advertises forthcoming events like tournaments.
- Few players with unstable internet connection use mobile TeamSpeak 3 client to decrease their latency in-game.
- The most users online on server was on March 3rd 2012 during World Star Battle Tournament 1 - 313 players.